← Return to previous page
Vanilla Bean Cupcakes
I think we could all agree that cupcakes are a classic favourite, and it’s something that the gluten-free population often misses out on. That’s why Chef Hamid and I carefully created a version that brings back the wonderful taste and texture of your old favourites, sans gluten.
Yields 16 Prep Time 15 min Cook Time 15 min Total Time 30 min
Ingredients for the cupcakes
- 1 Bag Nextjen Gluten-Free Artisan Vanilla Bean Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cup Milk of your choice
- 4 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Vegetable oil
Ingredients for the frosting
- 1 cup Butter, room temperature
- 3-4 cups Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract or vanilla powder
- 5 tbsp Powdered freeze dried berries (I use strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries)
- Pinch salt, if using unsalted butter
Instructions for Cupcake
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Whisk eggs in a mixer until double in size, about 4-5 , minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cake mix, milk, and oil until smooth.
- Combine dry mixture with eggs by folding gently, until just combined, with a spatula.
- Pour batter into a cupcake pan fitted with cupcake liners.
- Bake until the tops are light golden and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 10-15 minutes.
Instructions for Frosting
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, whip the butter for approximately 3 minutes.
- Sift in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition until desired consistency is reached.
- Beat in vanilla. Sift in the powdered freeze dried berries and continue whipping frosting for about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides occasionally.
- Frost cupcakes with a piping bag fitted with a piping tip (I love the classic # wilton tip) and top with your desired sprinkles or garnish.