← Return to previous page
Devils Food Cake
Yields 10 Prep Time 15 min Cook Time 35 min Total Time 50 min
- 100 g or 3/4 cup Cocoa
- 150 g or 1 cup Dark brown sugar
- 200 g or 1 cup Boiling milk (or water)
- 50 g or 1/4 cup Espresso (or strong coffee)
- 2 g or 1/2 tsp Salt
- 160 g or 3/4 cup Butter
- 150 g or 1 cup Brown sugar
- 15 g or 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 6 Eggs
- 220 g or 1 1/2 cup Nextjen All Purpose Baking Blend (flour)
- 6 g or 1 tsp Baking powder
- Stir together cocoa, brown sugar, boiling milk, and espresso till there are no lumps; set aside and let cool.
- Meanwhile, cream together butter, brown sugar, salt and vanilla for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and mix for 1 minute.
- Add cooled chocolate and coffee mixture; mix 1 minute.
- Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda; mix until incorporated.
- Pour into a 20 cm (8”) round cake tin that has been greased.
- Bake at 350° F for 35 – 45 minutes.
- Test temperature with a probe to reach 87-95°C (190-200°F).
- **Can be made into 14-16 mini cupcakes or 7-8 full size cupcakes