← Return to previous page
Yields 8 Prep Time 10 min Cook Time 6 min Total Time 16 min
- 280 g or 1 3/4 cup Nextjen All Purpose Baking Blend (flour)
- 40 g or 3 tbsp Corn bran
- 260 g or 1 cup + 1 tbsp Hot milk
- 80 g or 1/4 cup Melted butter
- 1 Pinch of spices (curry powder, chili flakes or turmeric can be used)
- 4 g or 1 tsp Salt
- 4 g or 1 tsp White sugar
- 10 g or 2 tsp Instant dry yeast
- 150 g or 3/4 cup Plain yogurt
- 2 g or 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- Make a sponge with the yeast, sugar, yogurt and baking powder and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment, combine flour, bran, salt, spice, hot milk and melted butter, mixing for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix sponge into the flour mixture then cover and let proof until double in size.
- Knead dough on a surface with sweet rice flour, divide into eight pieces and roll them out thin.
- Proof again and brush lightly or spray with oil.
- Place on a baking tray that has been preheated in a 500°F oven. Bake for 5-6 minutes. They should be puffed up and bubbly.
- Test temperature with a probe to reach 87-95°C (190-200°F).
- Serve hot and brushed with melted butter!