← Return to previous page
Serves 4 Prep Time 15 min Cook Time 20 min Total Time 35 min
- 500 g or 2 cup + 2 tbsp Russet Potato (2 large)
- 100 g or 1/2 cup Finely grated parmesan cheese
- 180-190 g or 1/2 cup Nextjen All Purpose Baking Blend (flour)
- 2 Egg yolks
- Poke the potatoes with a fork 8-10 times, and bake on a tray at 350°F until soft.
- When potatoes are cooked, remove from oven and cut down the center, opening them. Allow them to steam off, but not to cool completely.
- Scoop potato flesh onto a work surface and chop with a pastry scraper.
- Add egg yolks and parmesan cheese; continue chopping until incorporated.
- Add half the flour and continue chopping.
- Add the rest of the flour and again continue chopping in the flour, once flour is incorporated your dough should be soft but not sticky and hold together.
- Flour the surface you’re working on with fine sweet white rice flour
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Begin rolling the dough into long thin logs 22-25 cm long.
- Roll all dough into logs then begin cutting the logs into little bite sized pieces about 2.5 cm long.
- Blanch gnocchi in boiling salted water, and when they float (meaning they are done) remove them from the water, drain them and place on a lightly oiled tray to cool.