- 7.5 g or 1 1/2 tsp Instant dry yeast
- 6 g or 1 tsp Sugar
- 120 g or 1/2 cup Milk
- 27 g or 3 tbsp Butter
- 6 g or 1 tsp Salt
- 420 g or 3 cup Nextjen All Purpose Baking Blend (flour)
- 6 g or 1 tsp Baking powder
- 270 g or 1 cup + 2 tbsp Hot water
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Make a sponge by mixing yeast, sugar and milk and let rise for 5 minutes.
- Combine the sponge with all the remaining ingredients in a mixer with a paddle attachment and mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Roll out on a sweet rice floured surface and cut into 9-10 bagel shapes.
- Lower bagels into a pot of boiling, salted water and cook until they float (about 30 seconds).
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain before placing bagels on a cornmeal dusted tray.
- Roll the tops of the bagels in poppy seeds, sesame seeds or another garnish of your choosing.
- Proof for 30 minutes or until double in size.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes.
- Test temperature with a probe to reach 87-95°C (190-200°F).
Nextjen Gluten-Free http://nextjen.ca/