- 200 gr or 1 1/2 cup Nextjen All Purpose Baking Blend (flour)
- 2 eggs
- 150 gr or 3/4 cup Milk
- 5 gr or 1 Tsp Grainy mustard (optional)
- 15 gr or 1 Tbsp Chopped herbs (optional)
- 1 pinch Baking powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Ground black pepper
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- In an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, mix all ingredients together.
- Rest batter in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Put batter in a colander with large holes (or spaetzle maker) and place over a large pot of boiling salted water.
- Scrape the batter back and forth with a sturdy spatula, pushing it through the holes.
- Remove the spaetzle from the water with a fine mesh strainer as it floats to the top, draining as much liquid as possible.
- Place on a lightly oiled tray to cool.
- At this point, the spaetzle may be added to a cheese sauce, added to a soup, or sautéed in butter until golden and served as a side.
Nextjen Gluten-Free http://nextjen.ca/