- 300 g or 1 1/2 Butter
- 200 g or 1 cup Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 100 g or 1 cup Cocoa powder
- 100 g or 1/2 cup Beet juice (cherry juice or food coloring)
- 10 g or 2 tsp Vanilla
- 100 g or 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 100 g or 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 240 g or 1 1/2 cup Nextjen All Purpose Baking Blend (flour)
- 2.5 g or 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 5 g or 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2.5 g or 1/2 tsp Salt
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Using the paddle attachment of your mixer, cream together butter and sugar for 2 minutes.
- Add cocoa, eggs, beet juice, vanilla, buttermilk and sour cream, and mix for 1 minute.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix for 1 minute.
- Scrape into a 12” round spring form pan that has been buttered. Smooth the top of the cake.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Test temperature with a probe to reach 87-95°C (190-200°F).
- Popularly served with cream cheese icing!
Nextjen Gluten-Free http://nextjen.ca/